About

Monday, September 11, 2006

This lady in the picture is me. I'm known as Ms Burden... Well, I am not actually known. This is just how I sign my literary and photo work. I am a Brazilian ESL teacher, certified Journalist, translator, and a writer as human necessity. I hold a Bachelor’s degree in 'Social Communications' with a minor in 'Journalism' from UEL - State University of Londrina (Brazil) and in 'Liberal Arts' with a minor in 'Creative Writing' from SPC - Saint Petersburg College (USA). I have been currently running a private language school in Caxias do Sul, Rio Grande do Sul state (Brazil) called PBF since December 2002.

After graduating in Brazil, in 1998, I decided to live abroad, in order to fully learn another language, attend a complementary course for my academic education process, and get to know a different culture. I lived in Saint Petersburg, USA, for five years (98 ~ 02). Now I am 31, married, live back in my home country, and all my personal goals have been almost accomplished. I am strongly seeking for a publishing opportunity in any local or international media, being electronic or hard-printed editorials, either temporary or permanently.

Although this web spot you're visiting is dedicated to pictured images, photos are mainly hobbies of mine. I write intensely. I have got two ongoing book projects: a poetry one and a fiction novel, and, I have recently released a book of shorties intended for ESL learners.

My experiences in journalism toward entertainment news and short story writing led me to the artistic literature practice. Photojournalism was among my favorite college courses though. The fact that it was an enjoyable subject to me did not make me a good photographer, unfortunately. I wish I had taken that course more seriously. Maybe I could've learned a little more. I could've gotten the perfect snapshots but that actually never happened.

Earlier today, while checking some Sebastião Salgado photos on the Internet, I ran into a photograph which caused me to reconsider my old college assignment pictures. That photo linked into my "social glance" that I tried to keep in my early shots. I am very fond of black and white photos and Salgado's work is definitely outstanding, IMHO. Most of my college assignments were done Black&White. I went to my old files and figured - "who cares if these photos weren't professionally taken and developed?" I've gotta admit attempting being professional. I tried. I did as much as I could. I am aware that my college assigned photos never got any closer to Salgado's work (dah!) but they only made me wonder... Why not publish them?

So here you'll find many kinds of pictures. Most of the photos found on this photospot are latest - some of them were taken a month ago. If you decide to take a peek at them, you oughtta know that you'll find portraits, landscapes, nature elements, children (love them), and many other assignments here. Hope you like them. I've decided to start this photoblog, even feeling lousy about my own snapshots, because I appreciate taking photos to pass on not only 'possible-meanings' but also to reveal the plain power of that frozen magic which lies in each fraction of a second in the existence of all beings and things.

No part of either the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior permission request sent to 'Ms Burden' at lailachris@gmail.com

Posted by Teacher Laila Chris at 2:34 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment